I didn't know my hubby likes java rice with his Chicken Inasal until today 🙂
- 3 cups rice cooked according to package instructions
- 1 tbsp butter
- 1 tbsp oil I used peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic finely chopped
- 1/2 onion medium size, finely chopped
- 1/2 red capsicum seeded and finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp annatto powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- dash of cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper to taste
Cook rice according to instructions in the pack
In a wok, put butter and oil. Heat until butter is melted.
Add garlic, onion, red capsicum. Stir. Cook for 2 minutes or until onion turns translucent.
Add annatto, turmeric, and cayenne pepper and soy sauce.
Add the cooked rice and gently toss to fully coat the rice.
Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve and enjoy!
I used Basmati rice in this recipe and I used a food processor to chop all the vegetables. I put the garlic, onion and capsicum and in 5 seconds everything was chopped. Makes it quick and easy!